Monday 12 March 2012

My chosen Magazine... AnOther


As part of my brief I have been asked to suggest a publication that best suits the style of my editorial, as an earlier part of my research I chose to look at a wide range of fashion magazines for examples of their still life photo shoots. After much analysis I have decided that the style of my work best suits that of Another Magazine. My main reason for choosing this publication is because of its harsh use of colour. Many of Another magazines existing shoots being either still life or model based are very rich in colour. This is a continuing aspect of the magazines work and continues with each publication. The use of both colour and creativeness often help keep the narrative of the story to an understandable level.




Another Magazine is lifestyle and fashion magazine that incorporates all aspects of art and design. It has no specific aim as far as gender is a wear and tends to look equally at the various aspects of art and fashion that appeal to both the sexes.  It was launched in 2001 under the umbrella publishing company Dazed Group and is currently published Bi-annually (twice yearly). The current Editor in Chief is Jefferson Hack.

No comments:

Post a Comment